Beach and Island Destination in 2024

I miss the times when I travel with friends and online acquaintances. I used to travel to a different local destinations. Some were daytrips and some were overnight and some took a few days away from the city. I'm a part of a get together group at Meetup.com since 2013. 

I started to join their events and activities so I can be out of the apartment once in a while. I resigned from my office based job and found a gig to work from home in 2013. So to fight my boredom and be able to socialize a bit I joined MTAG, short for Manila Trips and Get Together. The group is one of the biggest in Meetup PH. It grown to 2,800 membership in about 2-3 years it was organized. 

I'm super active starting 2013 to 2017 then I kind of rested a while. The group is still at Meetup.com and being maintained by Chris. He is the original organizer and along with other event organizers. As everything slowed down during the COVID-19 pandemic so did the meetup group. Now that everything is picking up I like to travel again. Be it a daytrip hiking or overnight camping at the nearby beach is welcome idea for me! 

Here are some on my list of beaches and islands I'd been to but will never get tired of going back again. :)

Coron, Palawan

Coron is on the top of my list, of course. It is one of the most beautiful place I went to. I hope to go back and stay there for the longest time if possible.  Maybe stay there for a year or two when I go back there. I'm just looking how my home based work pans out. I'm also upgrading my skills so I can be flexible while doing home based work.

You can find a lot of blogs about Coron online and I don't need to say more about it.

Barracuda Lake (shot from my cheapo action cam)




Hundred Islands National Park

Hundred Islands is one place I will never get tired of going to. Fact that I went there for over 5 times already, lols. There are 120 plus islands scattered in Lingayen Gulf and it is a protected area. Only four of the islands were developed for tourism - Marcos Island, Governor Island, Quezon Island, and Children's Island.






Bat Island


Anawangin Cove and Nagsasa Cove

Located in a secluded area of Zambales Peninsula. It will take about 1 hour boat ride from Pundaquit, Palauig. Zambales became a well-known destination for travelers from the city who needs a quick getaway to the beach, water sports, and camping on weekends and holidays. There are many choices of destination and Anawangin and Nagsasa Cove are on the top of the list.